Last Wednesday April 22nd at 18:00, took place our webinar Retos actuales del gobierno del dato para convertirse en data-driven with Mario de Francisco CEO of Anjana Data.
In this first webinar of our series “The DATA-DRIVEN webinar series” we talk about the challenges that an organization has to face to become Data-driven in the current paradigm. Here are some of the main points:
- What does it mean to be data-driven? A data-driven organization is one that understands data as a strategic asset and bases its decisions on data analysis and interpretation.
- We start with “stupidity” when making decisions and from the moment data is incorporated into management, we will grow in the scale of value until we achieve a “knowledge” that will allow us to make better decisions.
- There is a new paradigm known as the fourth industrial revolution that places Data at the center of all emerging technologies.
- Data is classified as an economic asset giving it greater importance for organizations and the world.
- The vast majority of problems come from people because there is no data culture in organizations.
- Data governance. From the “what” to the “how” Data governance regulations indicate what is to be controlled and anonymized but do not indicate how, how to keep to it?
- Make an assessment and then set the necessary basis to initiate a transformational program of data governance.
- The “how” has to start with some short, medium and long term objectives.
- Data governance must be led by Business but aligned with Technology.
- The governance model has to be effective and efficient.
- The incremental and iterative approach based on use cases is important.
- New goals, new challenges. Turning data into a strategic asset.
- Data governance is something that has to be extended to all people in an organization, from developers to business users.
- Trust in the training and talent of employees to be able to extend a data culture in the Organization.
- Adapt with a new vision our data governance to a current value-added architecture.
- More traditional market solutions do not bring as much value to the business.
Mario de Francisco, also mentioned Anjana Data’s vision of this whole current technological scenario, explaining her focus on the “how” rather than the “what”. He mentioned some of the main points of the proposal that the solution offers as added value.
You can watch the complete webinar Retos actuales del gobierno del dato para convertirse en data-driven video in our Youtube channel, where you will also find more videos related to Data Governance. You can subscribe to receive notifications of new videos.
If you want to know more about how Anjana Data can help you in your data strategy by changing the vision of data governance in your organization.
Request a demo.